Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Bottom of the Glass: The New Yorker Edition Part II

More from the New Yorker

image

image

image

image

image

So all of this is less offensive then the most recent cover. Maybe I’m too much of a relativist. I try to think about things from the other side and although some of it sucks and people may believe what they see at the end of the day there are more important things to worry about.

Maybe it is the wrong time to having a “controversial” cover but is it The New Yorker responsible for responding to the political environment in the “right” or “wrong” way. I think if we want to place blame on news outlets or opinion outlets that have been more detrimental to society we should look no further then to MSNBC or Fox News. They are the biggest offenders in my opinion (one of those rare moments where I express my blatant view) and people should be outraged at some of the hosts on the channels. This veers into a different topic. But nonetheless, it an important issue to pay attention to. That is all from me.

The New Yorker

No comments: