Friday, April 18, 2008

Pope Blesses Daughter of Jets Quarterback: A Superbowl Win Soon to Come

Why is this Pope so cool? Maybe it's because he caused Jets Quarterback Kellen Clemens to cry after Pope Benedict XVI kissed and blessed his little baby girl, Kate Elizabeth.

Clemens was truly touched. He said this:

"I don't really know if we fully understand just how special it was. That's a direct descendant of Peter, and there he is giving a blessing and a kiss to our child."

I imagine it being special moment but I didn't know that Pope was/is a direct descendant of Peter. Logically (if logic can be applied) I am deducing that he meant this in the metaphysical sense. However, since I've never heard of this connection as related to the Pope I find it to be an interesting concept, idea and history that I won't go into.

The InfoVisual.info site uses images to explain objects.

 

There are so many things that I don't know about the Pope. For example I don't know the names of the different parts of his Papal Gown/Dress.

 

He is such a captivating figure in an irrelevantly powerful sort of way.  Being blessed by the pope whether you believe in his power, image and role is something definitely worth talking about or at least putting in your facebook status.

Clemens wasn't doing to well last season but maybe this moving moment might help his game. Maybe he can try friending the Pope on facebook or even poking him. If the Pope pokes Clemens back...ahaha I won't even go there...too much scandal there...but it's definitely good that he came to the U.S.

ESPN

No comments: