Wednesday, April 23, 2008

I be tellin yer future darlin’

Where is Ms. Cleo in the 2008 Presidential Elections when we need her? It seems that even with certain trends we just can't predict the outcome of anything. It's not even that we necessarily shouldn't be able to be predict the future or that life is full of surprises; it is something different.

I have to think that this election is the most interesting in a long time. Since I only remember the 1996, 2000 and 2004 election I may have a small number of memories to pull from but I do remember the 1996 election just because of how Silly Bob Dole was.

The New York Times had an interesting article a few weeks ago titled "A Scoreboard on Conventional Wisdom." It really goes to the heart (if such thing exist in this election) of how unique and oddly predictable yet unpredictable the 2008 election is.

I think the scariest thing about this is how fast November is approaching. I guess we'll have to wait and see if any of the recent predictions come true.

New York Times

No comments: