Monday, April 28, 2008

Down, Down, Down

So I wrote this thing this one time. I like it. You should too. Here it is:

Down down down. Wait, no. I’m sorry. Down is so depressing. I think it would be better to rewind that sentiment. So there was this guy. I think his name was Joey, not sure though. Anyway, he was walking along down the road (or up, depending on your frame of reference) when he tripped. He didn’t do one of those half steps and then break into a jog though. He fell. He fell hard and cracked his head on the curb of the sidewalk. Those goddamn sidewalks, always out to get you. I bet poor Joey stepped on a crack recently. Well, that’s retribution for ya.

You may be wondering where I’m going with this. Well I’d tell you if I knew, but I don’t, so I guess you’re out of luck. Come to think of it, that whole first bit is pretty much useless and ought to be ignored entirely. No, again, that’s not right. Don’t ignore it. Learn from it! Nothing ought to be ignored or forgotten. You forget something and poof, it’s gone. That’s really sad, you know? I mean think if you were to be forgotten. Just ambling along down the road one day and then BAM! You just disappear in a puff of smoke and it’s as if you never were. Hey, that sounds like a really good plot for a movie!

I don’t know about you, but I’d hate to disappear like that. It’d be as if nothing you’d ever done mattered. Well, it wouldn’t be as if so much as it would be. That’d just suck. So, with that fear firmly planted in your head, here’s another curve ball for ya. If it would suck so much to disappear from the face of the earth (because you wouldn’t be remembered), then wouldn’t it also just suck even more to have actually existed but done nothing memorable?

Sometimes I can’t even recall what day it is. That’s ok, though, because the day I’ve forgotten doesn’t have feelings. I mean it’s not like it’d cry or come try to beat me up (though I could take any day of the week any day of the week) or anything. But for me, I dunno, I just like to think I’ve left my mark someplace besides the wall of a public bathroom. Speaking of vandalism, don’t take my sentiment as an excuse to do something stupid and awful to be remembered.

You don’t wanna go down in history as the guy who crapped himself while shaking the president's hand. Be remembered as the guy who did something nice for the person next to you at the movie. Be that person who got rid of that nasty stuff in the fridge that nobody else would touch. Be the gal who gave her Halloween candy to the kid with the broken leg who couldn’t go out trick-or-treating.

So there I was, stuck in the middle with you. Hmm, that reminds me of a song. I like music. Right now I happen to be listening to some, you’ll get a cookie if you can guess what it is I am listening to (and if I happen remember when you tell me). So anyways, I was someplace, presumably with somebody. I’m not entirely certain, but something was probably happening.

Wait, now that I think about it nothing may have been happening. That’s why I write this sort of stuff, anyways. Nothing is happening. I mean I hear explosions, gun fire, and laughter from the hall, but that’s normal stuff. Right. I was talking about Halloween candy last time… mmmm candy.

You know what’s awesome? Stories. And laughter. Those two things are awesome. Try to incorporate both into your life as often as possible. Those and cookies. Mmmm mmm cookies. Sorry, this one doesn’t seem as inspired as the last.

Wait a second, I’m not really sorry. The second one was just as good as the first, only different. However it appears that I went and removed the divider between parts one and two, and have neglected to include a divider between two and three. Heh, oh well. So, I haven’t done this in a while, but since I’ve lost interest in playing any video games right now, and feel that it is too hot for me to concentrate on reading, I guess it’s time to write a bit again.

What’s been going down lately? Lots of stuff. The date of this section is July 30th. I’ve been working, running, hopping, skipping, walking, and numerous other verbs of a similar nature. This sucks. I am lacking an element of madness/randomness that the prior installations had in abundance. I shall now retire from writing in this particular forum indefinitely.

No comments: